Bunions, or medically referred to as Hallux Valgus, are a common deformity of the joint connecting the big toe to the foot. The big toe bends towards the other toes and becomes painful. This pain is typically worse with weight bearing activities such as walking.
- Exercises to increase the mobility of the ankle and foot to reduce stress placed on the big toe with walking or other weighting bearing exercises
- Exercises to strengthen the foot muscles to reduce stress placed on the big toe
- Exercises to improve your quality of gait to better attenuate stresses places on the foot with weight-bearing activities
- Dry needling or other modalities to reduce pain
- “Bunion,” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, Oct. 30, 2021, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunion#/media/File:Bunion_(cropped).png.
When is PT not appropriate for foot pain?
When is PT not appropriate for foot pain? In some cases, patients presenting...
Plantar Fasciitis is extremely common in both the athletic and non-athletic populations.
Heel Fat Pad Syndrome
Heel Fat Pad Syndrome is a condition that results from changes in elasticity and/or thickness of the heel fat pad.